How I work
- I’m flexible: I can be firm and evaluative, softer and facilitative, or both.
- I leverage my experience as a mediator, adjudicator and lawyer who is still actively engaged in the practice of law. (I know what it’s like in the trenches.)
- I draw on my expertise in civil litigation, employment law and human rights law.
- I thoroughly prepare for cases beforehand.
- I get cases closed quickly and efficiently: I don’t overcomplicate things.
- I’m tireless and don’t give up easily.
- I give every case my focus and dedication, regardless of size.
- I’m respectful, patient and discreet in tense, loaded situations.
- I’m sensitive to culturally and politically complex issues.
- I deliver creative, real-world solutions.
Where appropriate I charge fixed fees for my conflict resolution work. I don’t charge for any out-of-pocket expenses, including travel costs, copying, parking or room fees when you use my office. My approach is to define the scope of work, set a fee and stick to it. I charge reduced fees for non-profit organizations, including charities, hospitals, colleges and universities.
I know that lawyers and parties are busy. Time and costs matter. As a business, I use current technology to make life easier for you (and yes, for me too). You can:
- Book a mediation online
- File documents and briefs securely online
- Have pre-mediation meetings and even mediations by videoconference
- Bring in experts (such as actuaries or medical professionals) by videoconference
Of course, if you prefer, you can always book by phone, email or fax and deliver documents to my office.